Okay so.. Basically I’m a relationship kinda guy..despite what some people may think. 80% of the time I prefer being a relationship than being with a load of randoms. I like things to mean something. I’m not even embarrassed to say that I like romance and I like to be romantic. I think lads should pay for stuff and pull out girls chairs and open their doors etc etc. Might be old fashioned but I enjoy it so fuck it.
Anyways, I haven’t been in a relationship for quite a while and I’m trying to figure out if it’s what I really want right now so I’ve made a list of things I Love about them and things I don’t love so much. This was originally me just trying to organise my thoughts but fuck it I’ll post it if anyone’s bored enough to read this ..
Things I Love
– Having someone there that will listen to you when you need to talk..help you with a problem or even just have a laugh. I like my girlfriend to be my best friend.
– Cuddles and Spooning.
– Very regular sex.. Nuff said
– Good morning texts.. And “other” texts that only a girlfriend would send.
– Showing her off. I’m proud of whatever is mine so Im happy showing my girl off in front of my mates. And smirking at the fellas who can’t have her because she’s mine.
– Knowing that someone loves you, cares about you, and wants to be with YOU makes it pretty hard to ever be sad.
– Having crazy deep stupid conversations that you only have with someone you’re mad comfortable with instead of bullshit small talk.
– Having someone that understands you and accepts you for who you are and still loves you is an amazing feeling.
– Date nights, holding hands, netflix and chill.. All that good shit
– Stupid inside jokes that crack yous up that no one else understands
– Not wasting time trying to pull when you’re out because you have a beautiful girl already.
– Getting drunk and high with your girl should be top of this list tbh.
Things I dislike
– I dislike how relationships either end in something very serious or they end all together. I think that’s a lot of pressure. I guess you just have to be prepared for that and make sure the girl is worth it, either way.
– Jealousy. I can be a very jealous guy.. I’m very protective and I can get angry quick enough if I think something’s going on which I need to work on because it’s either that or I don’t give a fuck at all so I need to find a middle ground.
Your girlfriend can get jealous too. Which CAN be cute sometimes but it can be an absolute nightmare aswell if she’s going psycho every time a girl looks at you or likes your pic.. Relax.. It’s not my fault I’m good looking.
– The fear that they will cheat on you. This is a constant fear of mine because I’ve been cheated on before and I’ve been fucked over loads of times so I just think people are really hard to trust. And sometimes it’s easier to just be single and not worry about that shit.
– Their family and friends have to like you. For me, this is a must because I just think it’s crazy awkward when you know her sister or friends think she shouldn’t be with you or her parents hate you etc I want an easy life and I could do without that.
– Having fights and seeing your single friends care free. I hate when I’m fighting with a girl and I see my mates and I just think fuck that it’s really not worth it.
– When you’re in a relationship all of a sudden everyone wants a piece of you. This leads to serious temptation but results in nothing but daydreams.
– When you’re single you have no one to answer to.. Which sometimes I actually like because I like being looked after but most of the time I rather do my own thing and not have someone nagging me about my life decisions.
That’s all I can think of at the moment.. I do think relationships are better than being single overall but they both definitely have their flaws.
Making this list has just made me more confused….
Oh well .. Laters guys !!
I was talking to my friend today about her 8 year relationship that is inevitably going to be over soon. Her boyfriend has been treating her like shit for months now and he spends all of his time with other girls. He has no intention of changing his ways and in fairness to him he’s tried to leave the relationship but has never fully gone through with it. My friend is doing everything she can to keep this guy. Nearly accepting that he is clearly cheating and psyching herself up to stay with him no matter what and making millions of excuses for him. I constantly tell her that she has to leave, it’s going nowhere and she can do so much better but she doesn’t listen. So why is it that she desperately wants to stay with this guy who obviously doesn’t care about her? She’s only 24 so she has plenty of time to find loads of new lads and she definitely wouldn’t be short on offers but she’s desperate to make it work with this guy that is driving her to breaking point. Why?
I kept asking myself this over and over because I just couldn’t understand why she would put herself through that. Then I realised. I do the exact same thing. It’s in different situations but I act and feel the same way she does. I find it so hard to get over people that don’t give a shit about me and I’m constantly questioning everything that went wrong and thinking about what ifs when they aren’t giving me one thought. I want the people back in my life that walked out voluntarily. Why?! I should hate these people and part of me does but part of me desperately wants them to want me back. I can’t be the only one? It’s so confusing because one minute I can be like I fucking hate those stupid bitches and I turn into rapper Big Sean singing ‘I Don’t Fuck With Youuuu!!” word for word hahaha… aaaand then I start missing them again. I feel guilty because I should be grateful for the people that do care about me and don’t get me wrong I AM extremely grateful, but I find it so easy to ignore a text message from someone that is clearly interested in being a part of my life while at the same time finding it so hard to let go of people that want nothing to do with me. It’s fucked up. I’m fucked up, and I’m a massive fucking hypocrite.
You accept the love you think you deserve. I don’t know if it’s just a case of wanting what you can’t have or what but it’s a messed up situation that leads to a serious amount of unhappiness. It could be my disorder fucking me up again like “I hate you, don’t leave me” and maybe a part of it is to do with my BPD but I’m not sure all of it is because my friend has nothing wrong with her and she’s feeling the same way as me. I would love nothing more than to forget the people that have done me wrong and not let them entertain my thoughts and DEFINITELY not miss them but unfortunately for some fucked up reason I’m not in that place at the moment but I hope someday I will learn how to let people go and completely forget them. That will be the day.. I can give advice and actually believe in it and trust that it works..because how can I tell someone to leave a painful situation when I can’t even do it myself 😔
When you love someone, even if there are a million reasons to leave, you still look for that one reason to stay.
I guess we all just want to be loved. The fear that we will never find love with someone else causes us to hold on to what’s left with someone even if it’s destroying you and you know in your heart that you should leave. Question is, are you strong enough to save yourself?
I’m not at the moment, but I will be. I promise myself I will never be in this position again. I need to learn to love myself enough to let go of things that aren’t good for me, and never EVER look fucking back.
This song is one of my favourite songs in the whole world and it completely explains how I feel, word for word.
If you can relate to what I’m saying I hope you are strong enough too.